The art I represent is evolving from the lost puppy with the curiosity of a cat I am.
I'm a visionary of the countless explorations I'd like to take part in. The lessons in failure I'm growing from to succeed in finding my niche. I am motivated by the instinct of curiosity taken to the next level. I scavenge my way into knowing things that have nothing to do with me, things I find important.
As a child I had the muteness of a mime, but always kept my ears wide opened. My family called me "chismosa" which is Spanish for gossiper. I almost blended with the drama queens I lived with, but then I grew up and acquired my own identity. I've become quite talented in rationalizing. I believe this is why I inform others of situations, whether serious or not. I want to spread knowledge.
One thing is certain, I am the camera. Whether behind the scenes moving rapidly or in front of it asking a questions, the camera is my best friend.
I'm intrigued by the unusual, which could just be my ignorance to others' way of life, which is why I can watch documentaries all day long. Constantly learning about something unknown to me.
Somebody that I look up to is Lisa Ling. She goes above and beyond for her job. Her bravery and dedication are qualities I admire and it was captured in one of her documentaries she worked with National Geographic about North Korea. I was captivated by the the strict and rare televised society and seeing Lisa stand her ground knowing her life could be in danger, but still getting the facts
was impressive. A true professional.
Entertainment to me is like a car accident, you slow down and can't look away. Everyday Perez Hilton gets me through class. I need to know what is happening in my neighborhood, the world, or in a random actor's household.
As an artist, I am exploring and gaining as many skills as I can to pick a side. I'm in the center of juicy gossip and serious matters. We'll see were my encounters take me.
No comments:
Post a Comment